Custom Sized - Mirrored Doors
| Custom Sized !
Why Kestrel Mirrored Closet Doors?
Kestrel Mirrored Closet Doors are a traditional variation to a modern design. These hand built doors will accept your glass or mirror inserts and can be customized to work with most any archtiectural styles.
- Solid Hardwood Construction to insure premium grade doors. We mill all of our kiln dried lumber to insure qualtiy. We never use MDF or finger jointed material.
- Pegged, mortise
and tenon joinery that is historically accurate and provides a door frame that out-performs dowel and
- Removeable trim so that you can switch out your glass or mirror insert whenever you want.
- True Custom Sizing. We hand build every mirrored closet door to your custom size so that they are a perfect fit. We never cut down stock sizes.
Glass or Mirror
This line of interior doors is built with a removeable trim so that you can insert your own glass or mirror in any thickness. This also allows for a mirror on both faces and the ability to change the glass or mirror panel whenver you like.
Kestrel mirrored closet doors can contribute towards LEED credits to help your project's LEED certification. To learn more contact our sales department.
Every room has its own style. Because of this we offer several options including wood species, custom stile and rail sizes, arch tops and more. For a complete list click on the Available Options tab above.
Should you have custom specifications, or an existing door you need to match, just let us know and we will be happy to work with you.
Mirror Door Designs
- 6500 - Interior Door with full height opening for glass or mirror insert.
- 6530 - Interior Door with opening for glass or mirror insert over a Colonial Raised Panel.
- 6570 - Interior Door with opening for glass or mirror insert over Bead Board.
- 6521 - Interior Door with opening for glass or mirror insert over fixed 1.7/8" Traditional louvers.
- 6522 - Interior Door with opening for glass or mirror insert over fixed 2.1/2" Plantation louvers.
- 6531 - Interior Door with opening for glass or mirror insert over a Flat Panel.
- 6523 - Interior Door with opening for glass or mirror insert over fixed 3.1/2" Calirofornia louvers.
Options for Mirror & Glass Doors
|In addition to the options that are suitable for most styles of doors (found here)
we offer the following options that are specific to this style of doors.
Mirror and Glass Inserts
We are able to prepare your doors to accept most any thickness of glass or mirrors. This is done with trim on both the front face and back face
of your interior doors. The trim on one face is set into the inside edge of the interior door frame. The trim on the opposite face is removeable so that you can insert
your own glass or mirror and change them as needed.
Backer for Mirror Inserts
In cases where the back of the interior doors will be visible, or extra reinforcement is desired, we can supply a backer for your mirror inserts. The backer for your interior mirrored doors can be either hardwood or a composite.
- Closet Doors - Mirrored doors can be designed with the mirror on the outside face only or, when the doors are hinged, on both the front and back face of the closet doors.
- Bathroom Doors - We offer Mirror doors with true louvers that allow air flow, as well as wtih false louvers, panels, tongue & groove and bead board to provide privacy. Where a high humidity is a concern we can build your doors out of Spanish Ceder or Honduran Mahogany.
- Interior Doors - Mirrored interior doors can be used to brighten rooms while providing style and privacy .
- Wardrobe Doors - Add functionality to that old wardrobe or book shelf with a new pair of Kestrel mirror doors and give your room a whole new look.
- Utility Room Doors - Bring light into your laundry room with a mirrored door. Combine the mirror door with louvers to provide air flow to those appliances like wine coolers and furnaces that need ventilation. Where sound proofing is required combine your mirrored door with false louvers, panels, tongue & groove or bead board.